- Allowing charcoaling even in adverse weather conditions when traditional methods cannot take place, thereby smoothing the supply chain
- Consistent process giving reliable char quality
- Using traditional waste materials from domestic sources, collected by new private collection enterprises which provide jobs in rural areas
- Generating electricity from renewal resources
- Saving of the equivalent of 46,000 tonnes per annum of carbon dioxide release
- Generating tradeable carbon credits, registered under the UNFCCC system
Progress of Haritha Angara as of 2018/19
Total number of suppliers supported
Total number of pits constructed
Rs. 33.7 million (Approx. €168,000)
VERTICAL KILNS AT CARBOKARN Ltd. - THAILAND
The concept of promoting environment-friendly charcoaling was extended to Thailand through the vertical charcoaling kiln projects which commenced in 2015. Designed and built by Carbokarn and Haycarb in-house engineering teams, the project was initiated in Ratchaburi, Thailand with the capacity to manufacture 75 MT charcoal a day.
At present, there are 32 kilns in Ratchaburi, 2 kilns in Chonburi and 4 kilns in Prachuap Province (owned by a supplier) in Thailand, totalling 38 kilns. Carbokarn plans to further broad base the environment-friendly charcoaling kilns to more locations in Thailand in the future.